Apply to serve on a committee of the National Association of REALTORS®. Through May 23, members can submit an application to serve on up to five NAR committees. The process, including completing an expertise profile and seeking endorsements for your application, takes place entirely online – making it easy to manage. In addition to the “at large” spots, some committees have a seat earmarked specifically for an NAR affiliate representative. To be considered for these appointments, you must have submitted an application.
While you may be giving your time and talents to NAR, there’s much to be gained in return.
WCR member Sherri Meadows says, “Leadership is an incredible opportunity to achieve personal and professional growth and in doing so, to set an example for others. It is a platform to change lives!”
Deena Zimmerman, 2016 NAR Committee Liaison to the Commercial Group, has a similar perspective. “I encourage everybody to apply for an NAR committee. I still pinch myself! It’s amazing to be in a room with so many incredible professionals from around the country sharing their thoughts and opinions. It’s a truly incredible experience that I am blessed to be a part of.”
Here’s how to apply:
- Go to the NAR Committee Selection Process page at Realtor.org for details, a timeline and an FAQ.
- Complete or update your expertise profile to help NAR match your talents with committee needs (have your NRDS login handy).
- Review the list of committees and their structure to identify those of most interest to you.
- Review the Committee Selection Process FAQ – an easy-to-read Q&A that covers questions you may have.
- Submit a committee application for up to five committees and seek three qualified endorsements per application (all is done electronically and the FAQ spells out who can give an endorsement and how). The deadline for applications and endorsements is May 23, so don’t wait until the last minute! Committee appointment notifications will be made in October.